Baby Friendly Mini Muffins
A perfect finger food for little ones, these mini muffins are both baby and toddler approved. A quick and easy recipe for busy parents and a great alternative to pre-bought packaged snacks often full of sugar and empty calories. Try these today!
A great first finger food for babies – they are sugar free, sweetened only with apple, banana and carrot which means they are packed full of fruit and veggies. Making these a great alternative to your usual store brought muffins which are often high in sugar, and empty calories.
These are so handy to have on hand. They’re very portable so you can easily take wherever you go – once made, there is no heating or mixing required making a great on-the-go snack or quick breakfast option. They also freeze well. This recipe makes a big batch of mini muffins so I now have these on hand in the freezer whenever we need them and they defrost very quickly. You can even put them straight from the freezer and into a snack box/lunch box and they will defrost on route to your destination.
The good news for us busy parents is that these muffins contain very few ingredients, are easy to make and are both baby and toddler approved – even fussy eaters tend to like muffins.
And if you do have a toddler, its great to get them involved in making these muffins, I know Stella loved making them for her baby brother. And of course, she loved eating them too!
This is also a really good base recipe, so feel free to mix it up and add in blueberries or other soft chopped fruit. For toddlers you could add dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
We hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did. As always, please continue to share your recreations of my recipes on Facebook, or Instagram. Additionally, if you would like to subscribe to my recipe blog, you can sign up below.
P.S. If you would like some to discuss your health goals I would love to work with you one-on-one. I practice a holistic approach where I consider your individual needs related to health in terms of both nutrition and aspects of your lifestyle. We can work together and look at how all parts of your life affect your health and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness. Find out more
- 1 small apple (diced)
- 1/2 c grated carrot
- 1 small banana (mashed)
- 2x eggs
- 2-3T oil
- 1 1/4 c flour blend (of choice – see my blend in notes below)
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- optional: For babies consider other fruit ie blueberries or chopped strawberries. For toddlers consider dark chocolate or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven and grease mini muffin tins (or regular muffin tins) – you could also use muffin cases
- Place apple and carrot in a pot with 2T of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until soft
- Remove pot from heat and drain water if necessary. Mash/puree apple and carrot (depending if you want a few lumps in there).
- Place banana, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix well (you can use a whisk or hand beater or place in a blender
- Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon and whisk/beat/blend
- Place in oven for around 10mins
- Remove from oven and leave in tins to cool for 5mins and place on a cooling rack.